On Wednesday 24 July 2002 12:48 pm, Bob Tanner wrote:
> As a Linux consulting shop, I can answer there is no 100% opensource
> solution to Exchange.

We don't need 100% integration, just a calendaring solution that works with
outlook.  I guess we'll just have to choke on the fact that it's one thing
*nix doesn't do... (yet!)

> You can look at Bynari, Ximian Exhange plugin, but they are not as good as
> Exchange and Outlook.

Thanks for the input.  It's greatly appreciated.

> At Real Time, if a customer wants all the features of outlook/exchange, we
> explain the risks of outlook (viruses, etc), the risk of exchange (like the
> difficulty in backing up the mondo-inbox-file) and conceed Microsoft's
> -superior integrated- solution.

These are also concerns the CEO will have, he just doesn't know it yet because
I haven't replied to his request.  He's a technically sharp guy for a CEO so
he'll understand these issues better than most.

Again thank you for the assistance.

Cheers,
Chris