On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:15:48AM -0500, Christopher A. Gahlon wrote:
> Help!!!  The CEO has just mandiated unified calendaring/scheduling for our
> company.  And unless I can find a viable alternative he says I'll be stuck
> supporting exchange and outpuke.
>
> I had looked at HP openmail about a year ago but they had stoppped
> development.  Are there any viable alternatives now that will sync with
> various PDA's?  Any suggestions opensouce or commercial would be greatly
> appreciated.

My $0.02 ...

The following might be worth a look:

http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/lisa-nt98/full_papers/limoncelli/limoncelli_html/limoncelli.html

PDF version:

http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/lisa-nt98/full_papers/limoncelli/limoncelli.pdf

A bit dated, but still contains much relevant information.

In 1998, the author of the above paper selected Netscape Calendar Server
(now iPlanet?) for calendaring because it was expected to follow open
standards and protocols better than the more proprietary alternatives
(such as Exchange, Groupwise, and Lotus Notes).

No idea whether iPlanet can sync with PDAs, though.

--
Joel Schneider              Jazz - jazz88fm.com
joel at joelschneider.net      ISEE - www.i-see.org