Quoting Christopher A. Gahlon (cgahlon at citilink.com):
> Help!!!  The CEO has just mandiated unified calendaring/scheduling for our
> company.  And unless I can find a viable alternative he says I'll be stuck
> supporting exchange and outpuke.
>
> I had looked at HP openmail about a year ago but they had stoppped
> development.  Are there any viable alternatives now that will sync with
> various PDA's?  Any suggestions opensouce or commercial would be greatly
> appreciated.

As a Linux consulting shop, I can answer there is no 100% opensource solution to
Exchange.

You can look at Bynari, Ximian Exhange plugin, but they are not as good as
Exchange and Outlook.

At Real Time, if a customer wants all the features of outlook/exchange, we
explain the risks of outlook (viruses, etc), the risk of exchange (like the
difficulty in backing up the mondo-inbox-file) and conceed Microsoft's -superior
integrated- solution.

Then we look to put linux in other places.

Do I like this? No. But you have to loose some battles if you want to win the
war.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500