On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:23:30PM -0600, Jay Kline wrote:
> The problem I see with this method is mostly a question of ownership.
> Normaly when a DOS filesystem is mounted, the owner is root.  of course, you
> can change that, but I think only root can.  So someone logging in would need
> to either execute some setuid script (bad idea for a login, I would think) or
> their home directory would be only writeable by root, or everyone would have
> access to it.

Well, on Debian at least /floppy is owned by root, but in group
floppy.  So I would think adding all users to the floppy group
and making sure that the user option was in the /etc/fstab line
for /floppy would take care of part of the problem.  Yep, I just
tried mounting a floppy for the first time in a while.  After
mounting with my normal user account the contents of the floppy
are owned by me with normal group and umask, so the permissions
seem fine.