On Thursday 31 January 2002 04:21, Samir M. Nassar wrote:
> I know Munir is going to give a Red Hat install lecture.
>
> Is it possible to have a Linux lecture, or is there a place that offers
> Linux lectures in the Cities?
>
> I am missing several fundamental concepts. It is bad enough where I don't
> even know what questions to ask. I don't know if there are other newbies
> out there who need this too.
>
> Alternatively I am considering scraping some money together and paying
> someone to give a lecture on basic concepts.
>
> I really want to move away from Windows but I am finding myself hampered by
> installation issues (install failures, programs not running after
> instaling).

Two options:

1. There is now a "Linux on Saturdays" meeting of the Twin Cities PC User
Group. Last month we did a basic tour of SuSE w/KDE and Red Hat with GNOME.
I'm not sure what we'll be doing this month as we try to let the group steer
the meeting.

2. If there is interest I'm will to do some basic Linux stuff at the
Installfest if no one else wants to. Again we can play it by ear when we get
there.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com