All of the below is IIRC - I'll check it sometime tonight or tomorrow
night.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:24:45PM -0600, Bill Layer wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:44:36 -0600
> Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> wrote:
>
> > Anyone coming who's done a 4MB Laptop install?  That's what _I'm_
> > hoping to accomplish...

486 class PC, 4MB RAM, ~80 MB hard-drive.  I want to be able to do SSH
over dial-in and local ethernet.  No X.

It's a Dell of some kind.

> It depends a lot on what distro you are talking about, and how you can
> manage to install it. Which distribution are you planning on using?
>
> Does this laptop have:
>
> 	- a CDROM drive?

Not built-in.

> 	- an Ethernet connection?

I think so?  It's probably on a PCMCIA card if so.

> 	- PCMCIA slot(s)?

Yes.

> 	- a parallel port?

Yes.  I do have parallel-port CD-ROM drive I'm planning on bringing
along.

> A little more info and I can come up with plans for doing it...

Like I said, I'll pull the exact specifications, hopefully tonight.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org