On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:25:21PM -0600, Scott Raun wrote:
> All of the below is IIRC - I'll check it sometime tonight or tomorrow
> night.
>
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:24:45PM -0600, Bill Layer wrote:
> > On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:44:36 -0600
> > Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone coming who's done a 4MB Laptop install?  That's what _I'm_
> > > hoping to accomplish...
>
> 486 class PC, 4MB RAM, ~80 MB hard-drive.  I want to be able to do SSH
> over dial-in and local ethernet.  No X.
>
> It's a Dell of some kind.

Dell Latitude 433 - I don't know if it's an SX or a DX.  4MB RAM,
170MB (!) hard-drive.

> > It depends a lot on what distro you are talking about, and how you can
> > manage to install it. Which distribution are you planning on using?
> >
> > Does this laptop have:
> >
> > 	- a CDROM drive?
>
> Not built-in.
>
> > 	- an Ethernet connection?
>
> I think so?  It's probably on a PCMCIA card if so.
>
> > 	- PCMCIA slot(s)?
>
> Yes.

1 PCMCIA slot.  I have a Dell 2400/9600 Data/Fax Modem card, and a
Dell Ethernet card.  Unfortunately (?), I don't have the dongle for
the Modem card - I do have the dongle (which is RJ-45 on the other
end) for the Ethernet card.

> > 	- a parallel port?
>
> Yes.  I do have parallel-port CD-ROM drive I'm planning on bringing
> along.

Confirmed - parallel, serial, VGA, PS/2 Mouse & Keyboard ports.  And
there's a Backpack parallel port CD-ROM drive that's coming too.

> > A little more info and I can come up with plans for doing it...
>
> Like I said, I'll pull the exact specifications, hopefully tonight.

I've got a (currently) unused 12-port 3Com SuperStack (unused because
it needs a new fan - runs, but noisy) - should I bring that too?

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org