Hello,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Bob Tanner wrote:

> What is the list's expectation in turn around time?

My 'expectation' is "Whenever". My _desire_, however, and what I believe
would be a turnaround time to keep the list lively, would be 15-45 minutes
when not heavily loaded. Of course, I don't think it really hurts if on
occasion the turnaround is a day or so. Not like we're paying for fast
response times...

The thing is, this list does get used a lot for setting stuff up -
installfests, beer meetings, etc. A consistant turnaround of over a day
can't work for that.

> So, time to put up or shut-up. Open source is about technical people solving
> their own problems (aka scratching their own itch).

Personally, since I don't know Python, I'm in favour of the Throwing More
Hardware at the problem. Or, you know what? Paying someone to fix the
Python problem.

I've suggested before that we collect money and use it to buy hardware -
we could use it to pay someone to work in mailman. Not a heck of a lot,
but I'm sure we can all chip in and get a couple hundred bucks, right?

-Yaron