Quoting Mike Bresnahan (mbresnah at visi.com):
> > What is the list's expectation in turn around time?
>
> I would hope that we could do as well as other lists on the net.  Most the
> lists I subscribe to cycle a post in 10sec to 5 min.

You must subscribe to some small mailing lists. Servers that aren't doing much.
Or lists servered off of large boxes. Sendmail only process the queue every 5
mins, so we'd never get 10 sec turn arounds.

As I stated on irc, there is no requirement that tclug stuff be hosted at Real
Time. Anyone can start their own mailing list, where ever, when ever, and how
ever they want.

Mike, you seem to have a lot of idle time, since you are waiting for messages
from tclug every 10sec to 5mins, so do what all open source projects do when
there is a need the main branch is not fulfilling. Make a "branch".

The "main" branch is free, monitor 24x7, runs under linux. Does a pretty good
job of serving messages and is indexed up the wahzoo on google. But that doesn't
mean that it's perfect.

At worse, a branch will fracture the community for awhile, and one mailing list
may fail. That is part open source too. Strongest (best) survive. Weaker ones
die or get swallowed.

At best, it will start a competition (ego, no-sphere, GNOME vs KDE,  etc) that
ultimately will make both branches better. Overall the TCLUG community wins.

I believe I've always put the interest of TCLUG first, and if the community says
we need to move the mailing lists, I'll support the community 100%.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500