If you go over to netcraft, you'll see there are plenty of people running
Apache and IIS servers within Roadrunner's netblock:

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/hosted?netname=RR-CENTRAL-2BLK,65.28.0.0,65.31
.255.255

I'm sure this is only a small sampling too.

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 08:25, Lorry Lee Strother wrote:
> To my knowledge a cable modem has nothing to do with DSL, but if you have
> a cable connection like I do, your provider probably doesn't allow you to
run
> a server without some fancy expensive package, and if you got the fancy
> expensive package they'd probably tell you how to do it (just guessing on
that
> one).  I got a letter from Time Warner about how we aren't allowed to have
> servers.  Several people have mentioned if you're not planning on it
having any
> real traffic, they'll never notice, but what can I say... I'm a
rule-follower.

The term "server" is ambiguous.  I'm sure that they're not going to try
to prevent me from running, say, fetchmail.  But an Apache server,
sure.