On Wednesday 16 January 2002 8:42 am, Leif Hvidsten wrote:
> If you go over to netcraft, you'll see there are plenty of people running
> Apache and IIS servers within Roadrunner's netblock:
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/hosted?netname=RR-CENTRAL-2BLK,65.28.0.0,65.3
>1 .255.255
>
> I'm sure this is only a small sampling too.

To add more controversy:

"Im sure as a good portion of you know RR cable service along with just about
every other broadband service provider blocked http traffic back to clients
due to the nimda virus etc.

well, after trying to run it on about 10 other ports i decided... what about
virtual ports?

got it running way up high... specifically 65500 was the lucky pick... used
mydomain.com to do a web forward to it so you dont have to mess with punching
in the port "

....and:

"I am running a webserver at port 8080 with Road Runner and it works fine.
Actually, I run 4 sites currently on this server. All have a forwarder as
well so no adding the port to the end."

My response:

These are two anonymous posts on one forum I visit.  I also use roadrunner
cable service, but I pay quite a bit for my connection and don't really
appreciate people hosting sites in my neighborhood sucking up bandwidth.  I
might just go and report users I find hosting such sites!  Hows that settle
in your gullet?  One day your site is there, the next...it ain't.