This all sounds pretty weird, so I'll answer it ;)

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:53:23 -0800 (PST)
"Paul Harris" <PaulHarris at Bigfoot.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at building my own PC, but in a literal sense,
> including making a case (why not? to answer your obvious
> question.  Actually so that I don't have to have an obvious
> computer case if I want it in the living room.)  One option
> is to house it in a plastic storage tub, but it suddenly
> occured to me that ths may be a static electricity problem
> waiting to happen.  Any thoughts from the engineering types?

Several things come to mind. Most plastics will readily acquire static
charges, so I think that bare plastic is probably a bad idea. If you
really want to use the tub, I might suggest a shielding layer like metal
foil spray-mounted to the inside of the tub. This shield should be made
common to the ground side of the supply (and motherboard as well, if
possible). This also will help with RFI issues, which could show up at any
point.

If I were doing something like this, I would resort to some old rackmount
instrument chassis and meld it to an AT or ATX case, for the card slots &
etc. BUt that doesn't serve your purpose. Why not mount a conventional
mini or micro case inside of an end table?

Have fun.

          -.bill.layer.- .-frogtown.mn.usa.-

.-Microsoft.Windows.XP.- -.suddenly.everything.sucks-.