On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:42:44PM -0600, Kelly Black wrote:
> In order to see if it was related to the window manager wmaker, I tried to
> figure out how to change to another one.  I saw some docs that mentioned
> update-alternatives, but quickly got lost on how to drive it (if this is even
> the tool to use). The update-alternatives looks more like a tool for other
> scripts to call.

~$ update-alternatives --display x-window-manager
x-window-manager - status is auto.
 link currently points to /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker
/usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker - priority 50
 slave x-window-manager.1.gz: /usr/X11R6/man/man1/wmaker.1x.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker.

As root, `update-alternatives --config x-window-manager` will let you
manually select the default window manager.

However, for your purposes, you'd probably be better off to just
right-click on the background, go to the 'WindowManagers' submenu,
and switch window managers on the fly instead of mucking about with
your default wm.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss