I found that my HP DeskJet 630c wasn't supported in a network environment via my
Jet Direct 170x box.  I had to return it and buy a DeskJet 960 which is network
capable.  I would look into compatibility between hardware as well as OS.  Do a
search against HP's support site for compatibility on network printing and you
will find a list of non-compatible printers in a network environment.