I have just recently install Smoothwall also.  I saw it mentioned on
this list.  Anyway, I have it running on a 486 with 40 megs of ram.
Everything has been working fine, and I found it really easy to
install.  My 486 won't boot from the CD-ROM iso image, but they have a
windows "rawrite" program that is really easy to use to create a floppy
boot disk.

Has any who is using Smoothwall ever done a site to site VPN with the
built in features?  Just curious.

Jim

> Funny you should mention this firewall...I just mentioned it only in
a few
> posts before you!  I've got it running on a P-166/64MB RAM though it
> supposedly does run fine even on a 486.  I really like the web
interface and
> SSHing into it from work and checking the IDS logs, firewall logs, and
> traffic graphs.  To access it from outside just enter the IP
address:port
> into the external service access feature.  Be sure to check out the
Special