On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Yaron wrote:

> BTW, Home Depot deos have punchdown tools, but they only have one and it
> costs $60+. I figured I'd do fine with the cheapo plastic bit that came
> with the jacks. I did go through them all again to make sure they're down
> all the way.

I am actually impressed by those little plastic tools that come with the
jacks.  They aren't the best, but they are able to punch the cables VERY
tightly.

Much like the crimpers though, the more you spend the more you brag about
it :-)  If anyone's interested head over to pccables.com and pick up the
network toolkit.. it's $110 and comes with the Ratchet telemaster, a nice
cable tester, and a 110/66 punchdown tool.  Also, be sure to pick up
truckloads of RJ45 clips at 8 cents/clip :-)

-Brian