I want to get a simple dialin server running on my Linux box at work so
that I can get Internet access from home. I've got the modem installed,
configured and answering, but I'm having trouble getting any web traffic
through.

I tried using just the Dialup Networking on my Windows ME box at home to
establish a connection with PPP, but ME kept saying that the computer I was
dialing into was unable to accept dialup connections and then it
disconnected. I changed that so I was using a SLIP connection from my ME to
my Linux box and I was able to authenticate (through a shell) to my
machine. I clicked continue to get past that and the connection shows a
little data going across, but attempts to get web traffic going just spin
their wheels.

I do have AutoPPP running on my Linux box using mgetty-sendfax.

Reading through the howto's on dialin is like wading through a swamp in
snowshoes, but I did it to get this far. What am I missing here?

David Cross, KC0KII