I hope the answer is not too late to help you :)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:26:28PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> If I can kill kdm completely then I can try a 'startx' and capture the error
> output. Does anyone remember the command line to do that? It's something
> like:
>
> % startx %1> %2 blah blah blah
>
> I'd love to hear ideas.

Get into a tty, login as root and
   /etc/init.d/kdm stop

Then you can start X with startx.

But as kdm is started fine, I suspect it is not a problem with the X
config, but more likely with your user's KDE configs. Login on a tty as
that user and rename .kde to .kde.save and try to login from kdm.

Cheers,
florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4