On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 09:04, Gabe Turner wrote:
> You can't really filter outgoing emails, so you need to make sure that all
> emails sent to users are also Cc: customer-care or also sent to
> cutomer-care so they can be archived.

This is factually incorrect. I have done this on more than one
occaision. I use exim, and I stuck the following in my system.filter

#---- snip filter
if  ${domain:$sender_address} matches "sistina.com" then
	if${lookup{${lc:$sender_address_local_part}}\
	lsearch{/etc/exim/outgoing-filter}{yes}{no}} is "yes" then
	unseen
	 # DO Stuff here like rewrite headers, save to file etc
finish
endif
#------ end snip

So it checks the mail to match criteria (in this case, if the mail is
from my domain, and the sender address is listed in the file
/etc/exim/outgoing-filter then do stuff there. You then put one local
email address per line that you want the filter to apply to like so
#--- snip /etc/exim/outgoing-filter
blutgens at sistina.com
#---- end filter criteria snip

and put something like the following where I have the # Do stuff above
#---- snip do stuff
 save /etc/exim/filter-save/${local_part:thisaddress}-archive
#---- end snip

Or you could slap some embedded perl in there, or yet another custom
filter.

If your current software won't do what you desire, find something else.
If you can't write something else.