Try Demarc (demarc.com)

It uses snort and has a sweet frontend for analysis and reporting.  Much
better than ACID.

Jay

  http://www.snort.org/

If you store the snort output in a database, ACID can generate nice
reports for you (better not to run httpd or other services on IDS machine,
though):

  http://acidlab.sourceforge.net/

Snortsnarf is another tool for analyzing snort output:

  http://www.silicondefense.com/software/snortsnarf/

Other links of potential interest:

http://www.prelude-ids.org/
http://www.tripwire.org/
http://www.lids.org/
http://www.psionic.com/
http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/swatch/
http://www.bastille-linux.org/
http://www.cisecurity.org/bench.html
http://www.nessus.org/
http://www.iss.net/
http://www.webtrends.com/
http://www.net.tamu.edu/network/tools/tiger.html
http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/Snare/index.html
http://www.resentment.org/projects/viperdb/
http://www.chkrootkit.org/
http://www.immunix.org/
http://www.securityfocus.com/
http://www.sans.org/
http://www.linuxsecurity.org/

(Note that I do not presently consider myself a security expert - most of
the above links were gleaned from security related conference sessions at
the recent LWCE - http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/)

Joel