Quoting Bill Layer (wlayer at attbroadband.com):
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 09:48:27 -0600
> "Terry Houle" <houle at citilink.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyway with all that said I do agree with Jack and that is the
> > direction I am headed.  I will also present before the TCPC Board
> > this month some type of relationship with TCLUG to try and formalize
> > the concept a little more. It will intentionally be a bit fuzzy
> > though. If Clay or any TCLUGers have any objections, or comments, I
> > would certainly be glad to hear their thoughts as people weigh in on
> > the subject.
>
> I move that at this time, any futher actions be immediately halted, and an
> official 30-day comment period be opened up on the subject of future TCPC
> / TCLUG involvement. I would personally like to see the leadership weigh
> in on this issue. I would also like to see full corporate financial
> disclosure for the TCPC, among other things.

My input is to keep TCLUG just the way it is. We are pretty much behold'n to
nobody except ourselves. No heavy-handed corporate sponsorship. No political
issues with officers, board members, etc...

As far as non-profit status, I did research it. For the time and effort it would
take to file for non-profit status the benefits aren't worth it.

TCLUG doesn't take donates, either in cash or hardware.

TCLUG doesn't buy any thing either.

So there is no tax breaks for anything. And I don't see this changing in the
foreseeable future.

As I have stated before, as long as Real Time is in business TCLUG will have a
home for free.

The group is run just like an open source project; by it's members. This is the
biggest appeal of the group.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500