On Monday 04 February 2002 11:59, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:35:32AM -0600, Bill Layer wrote:
> > A comment or two of my own.
> >
> > On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 09:48:27 -0600
> >
> > "Terry Houle" <houle at citilink.com> wrote:
> > > Anyway with all that said I do agree with Jack and that is the
> > > direction I am headed.  I will also present before the TCPC Board
> > > this month some type of relationship with TCLUG to try and formalize
> > > the concept a little more. It will intentionally be a bit fuzzy
> > > though. If Clay or any TCLUGers have any objections, or comments, I
> > > would certainly be glad to hear their thoughts as people weigh in on
> > > the subject.
> >
> > I move that at this time, any futher actions be immediately halted, and
> > an official 30-day comment period be opened up on the subject of future
> > TCPC / TCLUG involvement. I would personally like to see the leadership
> > weigh in on this issue. I would also like to see full corporate financial
> > disclosure for the TCPC, among other things.
>
> Leadership? Corporate financial disclosure? Bill? BILL?
>
> > I do not wish to see the TCLUG fall under external influence, or become
> > absorbed or assimilated into any other group. I am dubious about the real
> > costs & benefits for the TCLUG, and I would like to see some thoughtful
> > analysis of potential scenarios before we tread on unfamiliar ground.
>
> What kind of unapropriate influence? What cost for TCLUG? If somebody
> asks for help, you give it, or flame the guy extra krispy... What's
> gonna change?
>
> florin

Well said Florin. Since I started this discussion let me say that I never
considered in anyway that the TCLUG would be "absorbed" by TCPC. This
"relationship" is simply a convient way to provide a similar service to two
memberships. Those TCPC members that are interested in learning more about
Linux and those TCLUG members looking for some less technical more "new user"
presentations/discussions. If anything I believe the presence of such an
outlet would increase TCLUG membership as new users become more experienced
and wish to learn more technical things.

FWIW Terry is going to continue to have meetings on the 2nd Saturday and
Rodd, Joel(?), and I among others will help when we can. If there is no
official connection to the TCLUG that's fine. I just thought it would be a
nice idea to promote the TCLUG by connecting it to those meetings.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com