On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 02:10:36PM -0500, James Kaufman wrote:
> My contract reads that I will be paid a specific hourly rate for "hours
> billable and paid for by <client>." Since Karlsson won't be getting
> paid, they *might* not pay me (they are "thinking" about it). From
> now on I will not sign a contract for which my pay is determined by the
> contract house getting paid. I did the work. I should get the money.
>
> What do you think? Is that clause normal for contractors? Is that one
> of the acceptable risks?

I've recently been doing some work as a subcontractor and have similar
payment terms in my contract.  The consulting firm is supposed to pay me
within 3 days after they receive payment from the client.  So far, I've
always been paid within about two weeks of the date my invoice was
submitted.

--
Joel Schneider              Jazz - jazz88fm.com
joel at joelschneider.net      ISEE - www.i-see.org