On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:23:03AM -0500, Brian wrote:

>I'm currently working on a similar project.  My recommendation is to
>download and build the latest Samba (2.2.5 I think?) and get SWAT
>running.  Once SWAT is up, you have access to a ton of HOWTOs (including
>the one Kelly Black posted) as well as an online copy of O'reilly's Samba
>book (an absolute MUST HAVE for all Samba admins!!!)

i recommend using swat via webmin (http://www.webmin.com) as it'll let you
use via https (provided you setup webmin properly) webmin is a fantastic
tool that simplifies many mundane sysadminly tasks. Give it a shot I
guarantee you won't be disappointed.

(Note: Make sure you install the MD5 perl module so when you add users the
passwds are encrypted properly)