On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Raymond Norton wrote:

> We currently use Novell for logins, home directories, and apps. I want to
> replace it with a Redhat server. I have a general knowledge of using samba
> to set up shares for windows, but have a gap in my knowledge how a windows
> machine would logon to a linux server. I know there must be a ton of docs
> on this. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I'm currently working on a similar project.  My recommendation is to
download and build the latest Samba (2.2.5 I think?) and get SWAT
running.  Once SWAT is up, you have access to a ton of HOWTOs (including
the one Kelly Black posted) as well as an online copy of O'reilly's Samba
book (an absolute MUST HAVE for all Samba admins!!!)

Good luck!

-Brian