On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 jeffr at odeon.net wrote:

> Last I heard (early 1997?), 3M still had a couple.

Most of them are gone now.  NT is the tool to replace everything here.
At least in the short term, then other OS'es are considered.  Heh.

> Also, given their popularity with colleges I wouldn't be surprised if
> they were still fairly common in academic circles.

I used to manage OpenVMS on a DEC Alpha at UW-Oshkosh, it supported 15,000
E-mail accounts (POP3, webmail, and interactive logins for Pine, etc.) some
batch processing, etc.  That thing just kept chugging away.  This was as
recently as the Spring of 2000.

I believe it's still the primary campus mail server there.

--
Chuck Milam
chuck at redroot.org