<jeffr at odeon.net> writes:

> On 9 Aug 2002, Scott Dier wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > VMS tho, yikes.  I'm not old enough to have worked with one of those. :)
>
> Hey now, I last touch a VAX/VMS system in 1995.  It's not that long ago...
>
> Last I heard (early 1997?), 3M still had a couple.  Also, given their
> popularity with colleges I wouldn't be surprised if they were still fairly
> common in academic circles.

A guy I know online is just finishing reviewing the galleys for his
book on running web services on VMS.  So I guess not only are they
still out there, but a publisher thinks people are still doing some
*new* things on them.

And another friend just bought several Vaxstation 3100's, I believe it
was, at an auction, but he's a known junk collector :-)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net