* Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> [010925 22:59]:
> Better to have seperate boxes. I think you get the router from ATT, you won't

No, you dont.  You get one ip on somehting more like a bridge.

Remember to call AT&T if you change your external NIC so they can update
their records.  TW doesn't reuqire you do this.

I would smack a box with Mandrake Security on it inbetween your machine
and the net :)  Ive seen this a couple times so far and im pretty
impressed for 'i dont want to mess with shit, just give me a firewall'
setups.

Otherwise debian+2.4.x+netfilter is cool.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
		- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)