I was thinking of MCTC myself, but I dont think they have a classroom/lab big enough to house ~70 people and their computers but the Learning Center has a computer room that should be big enough...

I used to work in the IT department at MCTC and I know the Admins there; they are cool about Open Source Software but the CIO is a MickySoft guy. He should not make problems if we go to the Learning Center. (out of his juristiction)

 -Munir

PS. The MnSCU system has a site licence for almost all Microsoft Products, I believe the license for Microsoft Office is about to run out and with the prices going up they are looking for a cheaper alternative (StarOffice) maybe someone can rig together a presentation of OpenOffice (it has to run on Windows).

>>> "Bill Layer" <blayer at qwest.net> 09/24/01 12:36 PM >>>
Clay,

On or about Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:10:51 -0500
Clay Fandre reportedly said...

> > Anyone have any idea when the next Installfest may be coming up?
>
> Whenever I can find a place to hold it. Anyone willing to assist me in
my search? We need a place that >will hold ~70 people, with lotsa tables,
lotsa power, and hopefully internet access. First one to find >a place
wins.

I may have a possibility for our next installfest. I have a friend on the
inside at MCTC (Downtown Mpls) who says that they may be willing to give
us use of a classroom or lab to have the installfest. (They have a T1 line
there...) What we need to do, is have some club official (that is, you
Clay) write a simple request / proposal descibing what we do, what we
need, hours of use etc. Stress the public educational mission of the TCLUG
Installfest events...

Email it to: farrelam at mctc.mnscu.edu and she will forward it along to the
right people. With a bit of luck, we may have our venue.

                          -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-