For home phone, I switched to USLink.  True, Qwest still owns the copper,
but you don't have to deal with them anymore.  And when calling USLink, you
always get a REAL person on the phone within 3 rings, no holding or stupid
menus.

I think Qwest now hates me as much as I hate them.  When I talked to them
the other day, they actually suggested that I have my line disconnected and
go somewhere else.  I refrained from telling them that I already have done
so until my line is completely moved over.

http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
		- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)