> Not having much experience with recent slackware version I can't offer
> much help but saying that you might be needing some X libraries.
>
> What program are you trying to install and where did you find it?
>
> What I would suggest is attending the upcoming install fest where I'm
> sure we can solve whatever problems you might have plus more.
>
> Speaking of install fest, when are we going to have it?

I found all the files that it wants to include, it just doesn't know
where to find them because it says X11/whatever.h instead of the entire
pathname blah/blah/blah/include/X11/whatever.h
I put the entire pathname in one and it worked, but the file that it
included had the same problem, so I figured that was a can of worms I'd
rather leave closed.
The program is wmMoonclock, and I found it on the following site via a
search on freshmeat:
http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~mgh/WindowMaker/DockApps.shtml
Note the complete lack of installation help/info on that page.
Install fest sounds good... especially if it lasts long enough for me to
sort out all my linux troubles. ;)

Lorry