On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 08:15:17PM -0500, Lorry wrote:
> Hi.   I'm new to the list, and fairly new to Linux.  My friend helped me
> install Slackware 7.1 a while back, and he promised to help me get
> started, but then he moved to Ohio.  I've been slowly trying to figure
> it out myself, but I was pretty excited to discover this group.  I saw a
> flyer for this month's meeting, but couldn't make it.  Hopefully next month.
> Anyway.... I'm trying to install a program, and I'm running into some
> problems.  There is no README or INSTALL file, nor is there a
> configure... so I tried just doing a make and I get errors.  Basically
> there are some include statements of the form #include"X11/whatever.h"
> and the compiler doesn't know where to find the folder X11.  I can type
> in the entire pathname, but that's pretty tedious because there are so
> many of these, and I know one of you experienced people will know how to
> fix it, right? :)  I have more questions, but I'll keep it simple for
> now.  Thanks in advance!

Not having much experience with recent slackware version I can't offer
much help but saying that you might be needing some X libraries.

What program are you trying to install and where did you find it?

What I would suggest is attending the upcoming install fest where I'm
sure we can solve whatever problems you might have plus more.

Speaking of install fest, when are we going to have it?

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>