Hi.   I'm new to the list, and fairly new to Linux.  My friend helped me
install Slackware 7.1 a while back, and he promised to help me get
started, but then he moved to Ohio.  I've been slowly trying to figure
it out myself, but I was pretty excited to discover this group.  I saw a
flyer for this month's meeting, but couldn't make it.  Hopefully next month.
Anyway.... I'm trying to install a program, and I'm running into some
problems.  There is no README or INSTALL file, nor is there a
configure... so I tried just doing a make and I get errors.  Basically
there are some include statements of the form #include"X11/whatever.h"
and the compiler doesn't know where to find the folder X11.  I can type
in the entire pathname, but that's pretty tedious because there are so
many of these, and I know one of you experienced people will know how to
fix it, right? :)  I have more questions, but I'll keep it simple for
now.  Thanks in advance!

Lorry