On Monday 10 September 2001 09:57, you wrote:
> On or about Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:41:56 -0500
> Ben Stallings reportedly said...
>
> > Hi, folks.  What software do you recommend for working with a Handspring
>
> > Visor via Linux?  I don't actually have one yet, but I'd like to start
> > getting my data in the right format so I can move my addressbook, etc.
> to the
> > Visor immediately when I do have it.
>
> You don't need to change the 'format' of any data, you just need to
> acquire the Linux softwares for managing a Palm Pilot (or a Handspring in
> this case).

Thanks for the referral to J-Pilot.  What I meant about getting my data in
the right format is that I have ~150 addresses already in electronic form
that I want to put into the Visor when I get it, and I'd rather not retype
them (or Graffiti them) if I don't have to!  Although J-Pilot will allow me
to use Linux to enter the data, it doesn't seem to allow imports from (or
exports to) other file formats.  Does anyone have any tips about how to
import data from other text formats into J-Pilot?  --Ben