First off, thanks for the help, guys! I have dhcp-client on my Woody box
(which, being bandwidth-less, hasn't been updated since July). It should
work.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 04:09:53PM -0500, Nate Straz wrote:
> What I would recommend: Request a self install.  Then, if you have the
> time, ask the installer if they would like to learn how to do a Linux
> install.  Most of them probably won't be interestd, but it shouldn't
> hurt to offer.

I tried to do a self-install, but I don't have cable, much less digital
cable -- so TW wouldn't let me do a self install.

I'm getting really sick of companies not "supporting" Linux. I don't *want*
support for Linux. I don't need it. If I can't figure out how to get my
internet connection working, I'm not going to call (Qwest | TW | AT&T) and
ask them to help me. No, I email the TCLUG and ask *you guys* to help me!

I would think a standard policy would be "if you can get it to work, fine,
but we won't help you." That would allow them to sell services to Linux
users and make more money (which I assume is a goal of all bandwidth
providers).  Alienating potential customers seems like totally bass-ackward
business practice.

Maybe a silly math major like me just doesn't understand capitalism.

Anyhoo, thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll send an ecstatic email to the
list on Thursday evening.

Dan

--
  lemon   |                     Dan Drake