On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 03:30:45PM -0500, Austad, Jay wrote:
> Umm... Hide your linux box and tell the guy you forgot your WINDOWS laptop
> at work.  Someone I work with ordered a cable modem, and the installer
> wouldn't hook up the line because he said they don't support linux.

I ordered from AT&T and told them that I would do the install myself.
The guy didn't have a problem with that and just dropped the box off.
He said I was the first person to have the box (packaging) openned
before they left.

What I would recommend: Request a self install.  Then, if you have the
time, ask the installer if they would like to learn how to do a Linux
install.  Most of them probably won't be interestd, but it shouldn't
hurt to offer.

Nate