I'll throw another experience into the fray.  When I ordered by TW/RR
I forget what I told them I was running, but when Windows and Mac are
the only options, I usually tell them Mac.

When the tech came to install it, he didn't care that I was using
Linux, but he did say he knew nothing about it.  The dhcpcd that came
with Slack 7.x worked just fine for connecting.

One time I did lose my connection (but not my address :-) and had a
horrible time trying to get help.  I told them to pretend I was using
Windows, and that I would translate to Linux, but they wouldn't offer
any help.  Turns out all they had to do was to ping my address from
the outside and that brought my router out of its coma.

In general I would agree with Jay's assessment of their attitude
toward Linux.

Eric