On Friday 07 September 2001 00:16, you wrote:

> I have been using Redhat linux since 5.2, and have store bought every one.
> I'm using Ximian Gnome and the beta's of Evolution, and will buy that on CD
> when Evo goes gold. I have no problems buying software that I will use and
> get my money's worth for (and just to add, I haven't purchased an M$
> product since DOS 6.22, excluding new hardware purchases). Since I don't
> contribute code to the open source community, I figure it's my way of
> supporting it(if I knew c++ I would be I'm sure). However I think I'm a
> minority in that. Everybody I seem to talk to just downloads it and burns
> it to cd.

I don't know code either, so I support it by purchasing as well.  Which,
brings up an interesting point.  Anyone else out there order Slack 8 from the
website?  If so, have you gotten it yet?  I ordered mine as soon as it became
available.  Aside from getting an email a month ago or more that they were
waiting for the cd's to arrive, that's it.  Letters to the webmaster (only
e-mail address available) get no response.

--
Shawn

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."
-- Bruce Lee