published in 2000

 From the Intro:

"... I mean that you will learn to solve problems the way that UNIX was
designed to do things, rather than just muddling through. You will learn
the logical structure of the operating system -- its grammer, if you will."

On the back page:

"Unix is not a piece of software so much as a set of concepts, a way of
looking at and solving problems. Think Unix teaches how to use Unix
effectively for everyday tasks by teaching the design model."

"...you will find the conceptual underpinnings and theories common to
virtually all Unix  systems, components, and software packages."

The examples are based on Redhat 6.1 using BASH as the default shell, so
don't let the title scare you away.

-- Mike