On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Andrew Ratike wrote:

> It's encouraging to see that this stuff is spreading.  There's an ISP in the
> Hutchinson area (http://www.xtratyme.com/services.html) that rolled this
> close to two years ago, utilizing what looks to be the same equipment and
> their coverage area is increasing rapidly.  The up-front equipment costs are
> what have put me off, but they are/were charging $29.95/mo for the same
> service which seems like a heck of a deal.

Last I heard (I live near Hutchinson sometimes) Xtratyme was going to
/dev/null in a hurry.  Maybe they've managed to bring themselves back out
of it.  I have to wonder how these "wireless only" companies are really
doing.  Wireless is not for everybody, especially with the > $350
equipment price tag.  Aside from businesses and power users wireless
doesn't make sense.  It's to expensive for Joe Average.  I still want to
know exaclty what happened to Ricochet, I have a hunch that the equipment
costs nailed them.

-Brian