The thing that I have about most Java IDEs is that they are pigs (disk
and memory).  My preferred IDE (Win) is Source Insight
(http://www.sourceInsight.com/) but it looks like it is similar to Slick
Edit (which I have never used).  I currently develop on Win but when I
can move to Linux it looks like I will have to check it out.  Does
anyone else use SI?