> 1. Without asking you to break any commitments: does near future means 6
> mos?

Our goal is before the end of the year.

> 2. How speedy it is on a reasonable devel machine? Like 500 MHz x86 CPU
> with
> plenty of RAM? Or on a 350 MHz SPARC?

Performance on small to moderate applications is acceptable on a machine of
that caliber (I worked on a 500 MHz machine for about a week while mine was
in the shop). Performance continues to improve.

> 3. How good is the class browser?

To some degree, the quality of a class browser is a matter of taste. I like
Eclipse's very much.

> 4. Support for key bindings? Support for VI emulation?

Not yet.

> 5. Tags support? I mean put the cursor over a word and type <magic> and
> you jump to the definition.

Yes.

> 6. Autocompletion?

Yes.

> 7. diff/patch support?

Not yet.

> 8. Plugins for RCS/CVS/Subversion/ClearCase?

Eclipse currently ships with a CVS plugin.

> 9. <wishfull_thinking mode="pie-in-the-sky">
>       Compilable with gcj to native code?
>    </wishfull_thinking>

Not yet. Noted though. :)

Thanks for the feedback,