> > lynx -- when I don't want to be bothered with a GUI. :) sometimes offers
> > more helpful error messages, too.
>
> For text based stuff I use w3m.  It's far better than Lynx.  It renders
> tables and frames.  It supports xterm mouse events.  Forms aren't as
> easy to deal with as in Lynx, but everything else feels better.

'links' is also another good text-based browser. I've used all of the ones
mentioned; and admit that I use lynx out of reflex as much as anything. :)
(and it does have some nice features as well, like dumping to text, or
rendering a directory in HTML. the error messages are sometimes helpful as
well).

I've found that 'links' has a pretty impressively robust rendering engine in
some ways, tho. I've seen pages that Netscape and Mozilla refuse to render
(becuase of broken HTML that must still render in IE), and links will handle
it.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer