> I believe I have one of those chipsets built-in on the mobo,
> but I disabled it in favor of my cheap (supported) Ensonic
> 1371 chipset. Maybe one of these days I'll find it necessary
> to buy a nice sound card... Na.  Video over sound any day.
> Speaking of which, what's the concensus on the best overall
> AGP, mid-range, accelerated, open driver supported video
> card?  Is ATI playing nicely these days, or does NVIDIA hold
> the market w/their closed-code X drivers?

Mine's built in on the board, and sounds great.  But my stupid PCM
adjustment doesn't work.  It may have something to do with devfs though.

I just bought an Abit Geforce2 T-400 from mwave.com for $82.  Tv out, 200Mhz
Ramdac, 64M ram.  Sweet card.  It gets 1772 FPS in gears.  :)  I could care
less about Nvidia's driver license.  The fact is, they've provided the
drivers, and the source so you don't have to wait for a binary, and they
work great.

Jay