> I'm pretty much with you as an SGI owner, but what you may not be aware
> of is that
> SGI has been using Intell stuff in it's more recent machines.  Makes you
> wonder if
> they sold out and then lost....

the scary thing is, that as I understand it, the latest x86 boxen from SGI,
aren't really SGIs; they're relabeled Acers (the desktops) and Dells (the
servers). the original SGI x86 workstations were *very* cool (had a real
boot prom, 3 64-bit PCI slots); but they must not have sold well enough or
something. :( even the SGI guys admit that the x86 SGIs are crap these days.
:(

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer