On Sun, 27 May 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:

> You might also try Astaro (http://www.astaro.com).  It's free for
> non-commercial use, uses kernel 2.4 (coyote is still 2.2 last I checked) so
> you have stateful firewalling, comes with MRTG, and some intrusion detection
> tools.  The ISO is 50MB, and they say you need a 1.5GB drive to install it
> on.  So it's definitely bigger than coyote, but it has many more features.

Thanks for the tip.  I don't think I'm going to change horses in
midstream, since I've already pulled the HD out of the box!

Actually, for what it's worth, I'm reading the phorum, and the 1.29
release of coyote (that came out Fri) seems to be giving people a little
trouble.  Now I know it's not my card, I'll go back to 1.28 and see if
that helps the way it won't.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous