From: Phil Mendelsohn [mailto:mend0070 at tc.umn.edu]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 8:25 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Coyotelinux

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> I've had very good luck with Coyote. I've always used 3C509B NICs in the
> past. They work very well. There's a pretty good message board at
> http://www.coyotelinux.com/phorum/ that has been pretty helpful for me in
> the past.

Thanks, Tim.  I've peeked at that, but guess I need to look a little
further.

How have you wrangled multiple 3c509's into coyote?  I keep getting
"invalid module parameter".  I've got it at 0x320, IRQ 11.  I've tried
telling the makefloppy script both 0x320 and 320 (I looked, and it seems
the perl tries to figure out if it needs to append it for you.)

I actually found the ne2000.  Trouble was it and the 3c509 were sharing
addresses and interrupts.  I discovered Donald Becker's cool little setup
programs, though!  Moved the 3c509 to new I/O and interrupt, no sweat.

Also, it appears that CESDIS is no longer, but all of Becker's stuff can
be had at his new company, www.scyld.com.  Maybe old news to some, but new
to me.

Thanks,
Phil

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous