On Thu, 17 May 2001 10:12:09 -0500
"Clay Fandre" <clay at fandre.com> wrote:

> Any opinions on this?

Yes.

It's very troubling to see the 'man at the top' running off at the mouth
like some lamer on IRC or Slashdot. I expected better from someone of
rank, I'm sadly disappointed. I mean, I might have sounded off like that
once in a while, but then again the world at large doesn't give a fsck
what I'm up to... I'm just Joe User, if I act like an idiot I'm the only
one who really loses.

When I see the sort of exchange that is taking place at the highest
levels, the issues that I have with the recent Linux kernels suddenly
appear more grave than ever. I've had the fear recently that Linus & crew
are losing control of their creation, and this kind of public tirade only
deepens my fears for the future of Linux. I hope Linus apologized to Alan
for that comment.

                           -.bill.lamer.. err, layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-