It seems to me that this is the way things _always_ have been with
kernel development. (Not that I'm a kernel developer or hang out on the
lists)  For the most part these people have been working closely (though
remotely) for years and have a running dialog for this sort of stuff.

Didn't we (not we TCLUG, we the unwashed technically-inclined masses via
Slashdot, etc.) have this conversation a year or two ago with regards to
professionalism and comments in kernel source containing the word
"fuck"?

Besides... someone else was quoted with the beam o' light from Linus'
backside comment.

--

Jesse Erdmann
Engineer