On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:38:33AM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> writes:
>
> > The Debian default is supposed to be /var/www. I _am_ getting the
> > index.html from /var/www - I made the three of them distinct so that I
> > could tell. I believe that was in part of the message you snipped.
>
> Starts to sound like you're not talking to the Apache you think you're
> talking to, or the Apache isn't reading the configuration files you
> think it's reading.  The first seems not so likely.  The second,
> especially with the srm.conf issue just mentioned, maybe more likely.
> And are you sure your procedure for telling Apache to reread the
> changed configuration files is valid?  Try something like putting a
> deliberate syntax error in and make sure you get an error for it.  (Or
> have you accidentally tested this often enough to be sure already? :-)
> )

I found my Apache by poking around in my /etc/init.d directory. I'm
reasonably certain I'm getting the right one.

I am convinced that it is reading httpd.conf - there have been enough
error messages that have come and gone as I made changes that it _has_
to be reading that file.

I'm going to try combining httpd.conf, srm.conf, and access.conf, and
see what happens.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org